r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

179 on the way

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave NE TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 179 on the way
    Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 3:14pm
Hello everybody!  I've been trolling this forum for a while learning all I can about R Pods and traveling for a while now.  I just pulled the trigger on an RP179 to arrive in late February or early March.  One thing I haven't seen is a list of recommended tools to carry.  I'm assuming a hammer (we're getting an R-Dome), small and large cresent wrenches, screw drivers, multimeter, and of course my handy-dandy Leatherman (I won't leave home without that).  What else?

Thanks!    
2014 RP 179 (on order)
Mercedes ML350
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 3:25pm
Hello and welcome, Dave.

In addition to the hammer for the rdome, we carry 6 empty milk jugs. Filled with water at your campsite (assuming you have a site with a water supply), they work great for holding down the rdome at sites where you can't use stakes.

If you don't like cranking, a rechargeable electric drill with a socket that fits your stabilizer jacks makes that job easier.

Take care,
-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Dave NE TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave NE TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 6:25pm
Thanks for the tip Steve.  I'll add a drill and socket to my list.  Never know when you might need that for something else too.  Now, if I can just convince my wife not to over-pack the damn thing.  I fear all that cabinet space might add more weight than I wanted. 

I'm wondering if I can find some water sacks that take up less space than jugs.  On the other hand, jugs might fill up space that might otherwise be taken up with something heavy.  Hmmmmmmm. 
2014 RP 179 (on order)
Mercedes ML350
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic