r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Removing Bathroom Sink R-Pod 178

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 2:44pm
Thank you for the info. When I remove my sink, I will call her. 

jacqueandsusan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacqueandsusan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 8:37pm
Just out of curiosity, how much did a panel or piece of panel to cover the hole cost?

Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 10:36pm
The actual hole when you remove the sink is rather small.  FR sells it by the square foot and the price is very reasonable, but the shipping (packed very well and delivered by Fedex) is rather expensive.  Once I placed my order, it took about a week for it to be delivered here in Florida.  Get your measurements, along with VIN, year and model, and give them a call.
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD}
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 10:41pm
I forgot to mention that I ordered a corner trim molding along with the wall panel repair pieces. I definitely over-ordered, but the extra wall paneling should come in handy in the future.  I still am not sure how to treat the cut edges of the wall paneling so they won't be so noticeable.
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD}
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
jacqueandsusan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacqueandsusan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 10:28pm
Thanks for the info. I'll be calling them Monday. 
Deb W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deb W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 5:29pm
Just removed the sink in my 2017 178.

Unscrew the trap from under the sink and remove the sink drain. There might be a tiny bit of water in the trap, have a rag handy. Now remove the screws,   Then carefully cut the caulking around the plastic with a razor blade or knife. The front panel should easily pull away, take your time so you don't cut into the wall board. The sink will easily be removed the same way. Easy. Unscrew the drain pipe fitting in the wall, take a picture and head to the hardware store with the pipe you removed from the wall. You will be able to find a cap for the drain pipe in the plumbing section. The drain pipe was sticking out of the wall just enough that it would have created a bulge in my covering.   So.. I used a piece of nylon strapping to pull the fitting back about a 1/4" and affixed to board in the wall with a couple of screws.

If you want to go completely around the wall with something. First, clean the wall, I used simple green. I measured from the floor up to ( because the ceiling curves and a level wasn't practical) pencil in a horizontal line, use a straight edge ruler, where I wanted the top of my covering to go. (Based on the jagged hole FR cut in the wall) yikes. A 12" self adhesive vinyl floor tile worked to cover the hole. I then used green removable painters tape to create a 1/4" space above and below the tile. This created the appearance of grout and also sealed the tile top and bottom.

The most difficult part was trying to move in the tiny bathroom :) Ha, Ha

I'm trying to figure out how to load images of the finished project.

Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 6:33pm
PLEASE post pics..I want to do this. Doesn't it detract from the value of the R-pod in case you want to sell it? Or is it a positive mod and not to worry...
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 10:00pm
I took my sink out today. What does the pipe do, just drain from where the sink was? So I just remove and cap?
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:31pm
I removed my bathroom sink..but still a pvc piece sticking into the shower space. It won't come out it must be glued, can I just cut it off and cap it with the screw off cap that looks like it's vented??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic