r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keyless Entry System

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bevorlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keyless Entry System
    Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 5:17pm
Has anyone had problems with the keyless entry system that is standard on the newer Pods?
Stagger Lee
DHuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 11:01pm
The only problem I've had with my 179 is more with the door itself, not the lock. The door fits tightly and when the combo is unlocked, the handle still feels like it is locked. Apply some inward pressure to the outside of the door, and the door pops right open. I can hear the lock deadbolt open and close every time I enter the combo.
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2014 at 12:28pm
There have been some reports of actual issues, but mostly it's been learning curve type stuff. If it gives you trouble, just use the key until it gets sorted out. Honestly no biggie in our case. We always keep a key in the TV..

So far I have only heard of one or two podders who didn't plan ahead on that.. LOL (of course, others may just be keeping quiet about it) Wink

Keep spare batteries close.. reports are from 6 weeks to 4 months on a set. Our first set of batteries lasted about 6 months I think, but we don't lock/unlock at home, so that may be a factor. And they may have been dead a short while when I found them to be so...
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 12:34pm

I just refilled some gaps on the high side of the spoiler with flex seal.  It looks like the opening was due to shrinkage of the original sealer and or the spoiler deforming, or may have been due to an air bubble in the sealant.  Our Pod is a 2011 and there were also small gaps developing around the skylight and 2 very small holes about a 1/16" in the top edge seal strip.  The old sealant cleans up with a little mineral spirits nicely; I think the new material bonds better that way.  just takes a blob in the right places and you can groom the sealant bead with a finger and mineral spirits.  Anyway easy job and you will feel better knowing its fixed. Smile

Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2014 at 12:36pm
Sorry wrong post in wrong replySick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic