r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new owner!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KYRPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new owner!
    Posted: 03 May 2014 at 9:22pm
well we are now the proud owners of a new R-pod 179 camper. 

we recently sold our 5th wheel 28 foot camper and down sized as it is just me, my husband and our 2 little yorkies! 

we picked our new camper up on tuesday and got it home late in the evening. Wednesday we started putting all our personal items in it and thats when we started seeing things that we weren't too happy about. 

First of all the microwave trim was screwed in so tight there were dents around the screws into the trim. The push button that opens the microwave was so scratched up you can feel the scratches with your finger and see that it was scratched so deep that its a different color. Angry

One of the LED lights on the inside of the camper worked when they completed the demonstrations. but once we got it home the light switch didn't work? My husband added a little pressure to the switch and it worked, but that isn't how it's supposed to work?

last but not least, we wanted to put the slide out and put the sheets on the bed and it got jammed with all the cables and wiring that is behind a panel under the fridge. when we got down and looked, we found a mess. All the cables and wiring were laying on the floor and one "connector" had a screw that had pulled itself out of the wood. we had to take the panel off, zip-tie all the cables and wiring and re-attach everything so it wouldn't get jammed when we put the slide out. 

we started testing things and turned the heat on and the fuse blew first thing. we put another fuse in and it did work after we had to call the service department to figure out how to operate everything. which leads me to the next ordeal. Why would we receive information on how to install the fridge, microwave, thermostat and heating unit but not receive information on how to operate them? Confused

i emailed our sales man on thursday, along with photos of the damage and not surprisingly we have not heard back from him. needless to say he responded within 24 hours prior to the purchase of the camper.

We were so excited about our new camper and after "WE" have got everything in working condition, we are now starting to make it feel like our home away from home.  

In closing all i can say is i wish i had just looked a little closer to what we were agreeing on purchasing before we pulled out of the Jeff Couch RV Nation Lot.Ouch
Ready for the fun to begin!!!
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 9:09am
So sorry to hear of your pod life starting off on such a sore note. From what I read about Couch's 95% of the people are really happy with their purchase. I would get in touch with the management at couch's explain what happened and also about the non-response of your salesman. Hope you end up being happier about the purchase of your pod. And welcome to the world of podding. This is a great site for info and any mods you want to make.
Ron & Shirley W
2007 FJ Cruiser
2012 177.. "EHHH" R Pod" its a canadian thing..
KYRPOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KYRPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 12:11pm
Thanks Ron for responding. We do love the pod and are excited to take it out within the next 2 weeks. I plan on contacting someone first thing Monday morning to try figure out what we can do to fix everything. I just look at it as if I bought a new car I wouldn't accept it with scratches and dents.
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 6:26pm
Heard a few stories like this recently.  Sorry to hear them becoming more frequent.

I hope to hear that you folks get things straightened out.  But any questions we'll all try to help you out best we can.

Aside from that congratulations on the Pod and welcome to the community.  You have joined something pretty special, and you folks are in the middle of a whole lot of other Podders.  Quite a few of us in Kentucky and we get together and Rally a lot locally with other friends from neighboring states.  You'll have to join us all sometime!

KYRPOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KYRPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 9:31am
With great happiness i would like to say that Couchs RV has come through and made everything all better!!! They were very professional and even joking around at times. I could not be more pleased with the service we have received and cannot wait until next weekend when we plan our first camping trip!! (thinking about Stone Mountain in GA!)

I will be deleting this post soon because i don't want any newbies to see it and be discouraged.

ClapStarClapStarClapStarClapStarClapStarClapStar

A camping we will GO!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic