r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > R-Pod Round-Ups
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2014 NE Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2014 NE Roundup
    Posted: 06 May 2014 at 2:18pm
Again we start taking ideas for the 2014 NE Roundup scheduled for sometime between May to October 2014 Smile 

To see how much fun we had in previous roundups:
NE Roundup 2013 didn't happen Cry
NE Winter Camp 2012-2013 <= Planned for January 2013

Our 2014 NE Roundup suggestions are:
Quechee VT
Finger Lakes NY
Lake George NY
Cape Cod, MA
Bar Harbor, ME
Portland/Boothbay ME 

The following 2 posts (posts #2 and #3) will be reserved for future easy reference on where & when we decide, who's attending and links to other Roundup relevant info such as activities & restaurants.

A facebook event will be created as we get closer to the date for crossposting.

[Apologies to the Mods in advance re: the links.  As most of the past participants were on the "owners" forum, the links go there. This Roundup is open to everyone and is not forum specific].
2009 r.pod 152

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
ChaiPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 2:18pm
Space reserved for the Summary for the NorthEast 2014 Roundup. 

DATE:

CAMPGROUND INFO

ATTENDEES

* indicates event organizers
- indicates rpodnation attendees

Additional Notes:

1) I will update this list as more sign up. If you are not on the list after you have confirmed your reservation with the campground and it's been 2 days since you have posted your site # in this thread, please PM me your Site # so I can add you to the list.  

facebook event:
If you would like to be sent a facebook invite, join the r.pod facebook group as I will be sending out the details as an event invite as we get closer to the date.

See you all there!
2009 r.pod 152

ChaiPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 2:19pm
Reserved for further roundup info.
2009 r.pod 152

kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2014 at 5:53pm
will be anxious to see where you folks rally this year.  would love to make it up to those destinations!  

glad to see whoever you are that you're on the FB group too! 

Wink
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2014 at 8:35am
Have always wanted to get up to the finger lakes area.. Very popular destination with cyclists too.. There is a pretty popular tandem tour up there every year.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
ChaiPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 9:51am
I'm going to suggest October 11 & 12 in Quechee, VT to coincide with the Harpoon Brewery's oktoberfest.  It should be approximately at Peak Foliage depending on the weather.

Things to do nearby are hikes in the Quechee Gorge, the Simon Pearce glass blowing studio and boutique, Maple Syrup tasting, part of the VT beer trail and of course riding.

Let me know if the time and place work out, then I'll contact the campground and start booking.  
2009 r.pod 152

ChaiPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 12:04pm
The campground we have in mind is the Quechee KOA.  They currently have 5-6 sites (Water & Electric) adjacent to each other available right now for that weekend (Columbus Day weekend), plus one or 2 opposite.   As it is a long weekend, there is typically a 3 day minimum stay, so let me know if that works out or not or we should look for another campground or another destination. 

The campground can't hold the sits for us unless they have names, so it you are interested, please PM me with your name and your rpodnation handle and I'll pass that information along to the campground.  You'll have to call and pay for your site directly at a later date. 
2009 r.pod 152

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic