r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R pod annual group campout

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 2:22pm

It was Campyman.  He wrote as follows, "Potatoe Creek Indiana eh. Sounds like a decent idea. Would be fun touring the factory and seeing where our beloved campers were "born".

TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 6:37pm
I should have read back over all the posts.  I remember that post now.  Sounds good to me!  It has my vote.

Terry
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 3:49am
I believe the R-Pod is made in Elkhart.  Potato Creek is a state park and it look very nice.  Also, Shipshewana is not very far and is a beautiful area.  I have stayed there in a hotel, but have family that camps there each year.  There is a wonderful Amish restaurant with great food and not very expensive either.  They also have the Amish flea market each week where the local Amish population brings all kinds of things ot market.  The flea market is huge and I believe it takes up an entire block. The Amish buggies are everywhere and the people are fasinating and very kind.  There are also lots of small gift shops in the area with crafts and fun things to see and do.  I remember Yoders where you can buy about anything.  There are also salvage yards from the camper factories in the area.  You can purchase trailer parts/pieces  there and lots cheaper than retail.  I remember they had cabinets, drawer handles, water heaters, bathroom fixtrues, nuts, bolts, and just about anything that would be in a mobile unit.  Maybe someone from Indiana would know more about the area and compare pricing, etc.  I wonder if you would get a group discount.
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 4:24am
The group discount would probably depend on how many would go.  I'm sure that Forest River would be happy to set up a factory tour showing us the R-Pod being made.

Terry
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 4:33am
It looks like they are made in Goshen, IN.

Terry
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 4:44am

Amish Country - Goshen is located in the heart of Amish Country Guided house and farm tours take visitors on buggy rides and tours of Amish homes, barns, outbuildings, fields. A standard assortment of nationally known retailers and restaurants is also available in the Goshen area. Middlebury's Das Dutchman Essenhaus  and Shipshewana's restaurants and Amish specialty shops are both within easy driving distance. A pleasant drive in the country will reward the adventurer with a bevy of home businesses offering everything from brown eggs to handmade quilts to hand crafted furniture.

The RV Capital of the World - Goshen and Elkhart County also take pride in being the RV Capital of the World. Many Amish people contribute to the production of the fine recreational vehicles manufactured locally. Companies like Dutchmen Manufacturing, Jayco, and Keystone are just a few of the quality RV manufacturers in the area.

TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 6:11am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 12:47pm
I like it!  Great graphics and layout.  Would the forum admin need to set up the factory tour and maybe take a vote on where and when to meet?
Mary & Don
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 3:21pm
Too bad there isn't a Poll option on this forum.  That would make decisions a lot easier.  I think anyone could set up the tour if they could get a contact name and number.  I asked the admin if he could find out exactly where the R-Pod is made.  Most of the towns where RV's are made in Indiana are close together and there isn't that many campgrounds around there.  The county fair grounds has an RV park in it.  I have been there and it isn't bad at all.

The graphics were made using The Print Shop.  I used it to make a R-Pod T-shirt for myself but the transfer paper I used was about 4 years old so it didn't turn out very well.LOL

Terry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 3:25pm
That sounds fine to us.  I imagine it would be inexpesive too . . . a definite plus when you're travelling a long distance.
Mary & Don
Waiting for our 175 too!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic