r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 178 in Montana

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malamuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 178 in Montana
    Posted: 24 May 2014 at 7:16pm
Hi all...went to Iowa and pulled our 178 back to MT last week with our manual '03 Tacoma 3.4L. My little truck did pretty okay in general although struggled a bit if there was a good headwind or on steep, sustained grades. Gonna have to install riser pads though as the scissor jacks will scrape even around town on mild curbs. This is about the only problem I can foresee and we primarily plan to use this in back country and a lot of lightly maintained roads. The risers will also allow me to put on a larger wheel/tire if I feel I need to go that route with a more aggressive tire/tread. We mostly decided to get the pod for around our valley near Glacier NP, so a lot of spring and fall outings! We'll take our two little boys and two malamutes out camping in it Tuesday after Memorial Day for our maiden voyage and see how it does!

Thanks for all the posts and friendly information...this site is going to be a valuable tool for us I can tell...Peace!
2015 RP178
'03 Tacoma manual trans
'02 4Runner auto trans
Wife, kids and malalmutes
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2014 at 9:20am
you'll love the site and all the helpful information!  you can learn it all here eventually.

glad to have you out there on the road with us all, congratulations!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic