r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New R-Pod 178

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ncogneeedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New R-Pod 178
    Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 9:30pm
We just purchased a 178 and took our first RV trip ever.  Unfortunately eaten alive by mosquitos!
But we love our R-pod and are shocked about how affordable RV'ing is as compared to hotel rooms.  Just need to find mosquito free sites.  My only complaint is the bed, that it's difficult to make and I have to wake my husband up to get by him to use the bathroom! Wish there was more room for clothes, food.

DavidW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 10:15am
Not sure where you live but sorry about the mosquitos. Try using the R-dome and the under R-Pod screen netting, then put one of the "Off" brand lanterns (or Thermacell) in the R-dome.

We have been able to avoid the mosquitos this year by picking campgrounds along the St. Lawrence River (NY/ON) where the breezes keep the bugs away.

You will also find that the R-Pod will enable you to camp Spring and Fall when the bugs are less.

As for your husband, hmmm, you could swap positions with him or send him to sleep on the U-shaped dinette!
David & Liz
2014 R-Pod 178
2019 Chevy Traverse
And Lily (our 8 yr old Golden)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic