r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model RP179

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fjpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model RP179
    Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 3:12pm
We love our 179, I just finished installing glass tile backsplash. I got the tile from Home Depot. I Think it came out pretty nice.
Don & Velva Turner
Mount Vernon, WA.
2015 RP179
2010 FJ Cruiser
Fjpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fjpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 3:21pm
Close up picture of the tile backsplash.
Don & Velva Turner
Mount Vernon, WA.
2015 RP179
2010 FJ Cruiser
jan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 4:00pm
Outstanding!
alan7170 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan7170 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 7:59pm
Very nice!  I've been thinking about something similar.  How did you attach the tiles?  Did you grout them?  

I just finished a bathroom in our house and the mosaic tiles were not easy to keep from shifting.  I'd love to hear more!

Alan
blondie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 10:50pm
Why so low especially on the stove side where grease bounces up?
Fjpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fjpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 8:51pm
I attached the tile with the same mastic that you would used in your bathroom. the grout I used was from Home Depot, was Fusion Pro. And the reason I didn't go higher behind the cook top is that it seem to far enough away and it would have looked off balance from the rest of the layout. To each his own. Happy R-Podding.
Don & Velva Turner
Mount Vernon, WA.
2015 RP179
2010 FJ Cruiser
3dogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3dogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2015 at 5:30pm
love it!!!
3dogs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic