r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air conditioning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S & J R-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air conditioning
    Posted: 16 Aug 2014 at 9:00pm
I have a 2015 R-pod 177. Has anybody had a problem with the Lo speed fan not working in both the Fan and AC mode?  Also, a problem with the thermostat being to close to the AC output causing the AC to cycle off and on a lot. Everything else seems to work ok.
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 7:24am
HI S & J we have a 2012 177 but don't run our a/c all that much but so far have no problems with the a/c. The only thing I've noticed is that I have yet to see any condensate running off/out of the pod. Have you seen where the condensate runs out of the pod and onto the ground?
Ron & Shirley W
2007 FJ Cruiser
2012 177.. "EHHH" R Pod" its a canadian thing..
marspball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marspball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 12:28am
Hi S & J,

when you say the Lo is not working in fan and cool mode, do you mean that the fan won't work at all?

I have a 2015 182G and it's currently in the shop now having the A/C checked. My problem is when the fan is set to "Lo" and then switched to the "Cool" mode, the fan won't stay on. Everything works properly when the fan is set to "Hi".
2015 RPOD 182G HRE
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring
S & J R-pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S & J R-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 9:11am
 Hi marspball, no, the fan works on "Hi" in both the AC and Fan mode, but doesn't work on "Lo" in either mode. It is in the shop at the moment and has been diagnosis by Dometric as a bad circuit board and is sending the part to the technician to be replaced.

I will keep you up-to date.

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S & J R-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 1:18pm
Hi marspball, sounds like we have the same problem!

Thanks again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S & J R-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 7:12pm
 Hi everyone, the circuit board and new thermostat that Dometic diagnosis to repair my AC "Lo" mode in opt did not solve the problem.My RV repair shop replaced the two items and I still have no "Lo" fan on AC or Fan mode. Going camping this week and will have to bring it back to give it another try.

Will keep you up-to-date.
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 10:56pm
Yes please keep us posted.  These type of things are almost always just a bad tstat.

Be curious to see what the final resolution is.
marspball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marspball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 6:04pm
i took my rpod back to the dealership but they don't even know how the a/c is supposed to function. they said that they will contact forest river for some guidance.

In the meantime, i emailed dometic in hope that they will be able to assist. i'm scheduled to take the rpod back to the dealership on sept 16 and i will leave it there until this a/c situation is fixed. will keep you posted.
2015 RPOD 182G HRE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S & J R-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 6:53pm
Thanks marspball for the update, I was kinder wondering that too. Please let me know what you find out from Dometic, in the mean time I am calling my RV people to see if they want to give it another try.

S&G R-pod
marspball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marspball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 7:21pm
Well, Dometic Customer Service was no help. So I guess it is up to the dealer to figure it out.

Mr. M-

I am sorry to hear about the problems that you are having.  You are doing everything correct, so I would have the dealer call Dometic Warranty and Technical Services to see if there is something that can be done to fix this.

Sincerely,

R E

We appreciate this opportunity to address your situation, and hope all your future travels are trouble free. Please do not hesitate to contact us any time, to order parts or if  we can be of assistance.  

Customer Support Center
800 544 4881
edometic.com
Dometic Corp

To ensure an accurate response, respond by 'Reply'-ing to "customersupportcenter@dometicusa.com".  The e-mail address that this reply came from does not accept incoming e-mail. Also, please add prior correspondence to all future emails.

Hi Dometic USA,

My brand new 2015 travel trailer has the 13.5k BTU air conditioning unit (641915) with the single zone LCD thermostat. I have been having problems with the A/C as I can’t seem to get it running properly.

When I read the manual (http://dometic.com/1fa178a7-95b8-4494-bb17-6af80e4c7895.fodoc), it states:

“Cool” - Cool Mode
In the Cool mode the system will cycle the compressor On and Off
based on the room air temperature and the temperature set-point on
the Single Zone LCD thermostat. The fan will turn on first followed
by the compressor in approximately 2 minutes. In this mode there
are 3 fan speed selections:
Lo - (LOW): The fan operates continuously at low speed. The compressor
cycles ON and OFF.
Hi - (HIGH): The fan operates continuously at high speed. The compressor
cycles ON and OFF.
Au - (AUTO): When auto fan is selected the fan speed will vary
depending on the difference between the temperature set-point and
the room air temperature. In auto fan the compressor and the fan
will cycle On and Off with the thermostat. See “Special Features”
on page 11 for information on auto fan.

This is the problem that I am having:

I'd like to have the a/c fan to be on all the time and then the compressor cycling on/off to maintain the desired temp. When I read the manual, this is done by setting the fan to either "hi" or "lo" and then switching to the "cool" mode. When I set the fan to "hi", the a/c operates as it should by keeping the fan on and the compressor would cycle on and off. However, when I set the fan to "lo", it behaves as if it is in "auto" mode. Both the fan and compressor would turn off when the desired temp is reached. I’ve taken the travel trailer back to the dealer and they can’t seem to figure it out. Can you please help?

Thank you. 

2015 RPOD 182G HRE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic