r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-pod 176 and 177

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-pod 176 and 177
    Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 9:47am
I see rpodAdmin just posted info on two new models expected in October:
http://www.rpodnation.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=426

Since we can't discuss in that forum, I thought I would start this thread...

Figures, we just took delivery of our 171, and the 177 is almost the same design but with the kitchenette on a slide-out.  I think we would have preferred that model!  No regrets though, we like our 171.

(anyone want a new 171?  TongueLOL)
'10 Forest River R-pod 171
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 10:05am
Isn't it always that way... like computers, just buy and don't look back ... LOL!

I like both plans - what do you all think... btw: there is a new 'outside' design coming as well.. I will try and get some photos taken...

Kinda hate to see the rp-151 and rp-151 models go ... for a single person, they were great.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 10:06am

David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 10:09am
    Like the 177 model also, we to have the 171. It opens up the space, plenty of room to move around. This model will proably be very popular.         David
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
plantkiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plantkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 10:51am
Arrghhh.....  The 176 would have been perfect for us.  We got the 172 and the aisle is a bit tight.   The 176 got the windows above the sink.   Sweet    Darn you, FR.... Cry

BTW - (Conspiracy Theory Hat on) - Does RPODADMIN work for FR?  Is RPODNATION a FR sponsored site?
2010 R-POD 172 (version 1.0)
2007 NISSAN FRONTIER SE 4x4 w/ Prodigy P3
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 11:03am
Oh!  I didn't notice the addition of the windows.  Another bonus.  But, those windows and the slide-out come with a 300 pound penalty.

I keep telling myself that, as I rock back and forth in a comatose state... 300 pound penalty... not good... 300 pound penalty... wouldn't have liked it... 300 pounds...
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 11:05am
Originally posted by plantkiller plantkiller wrote:

BTW - (Conspiracy Theory Hat on) - Does RPODADMIN work for FR?  Is RPODNATION a FR sponsored site?

I saw an old thread about needing to get permission from FR to use the logo and picture for the rpodnation site logo, so I don't think so.
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 11:13am
Answer no .. wish they would pay something .. LOL ... I really need to integrate some sponsored ad's though and make some money back ... 
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 11:15am
Originally posted by techntrek techntrek wrote:

Oh!  I didn't notice the addition of the windows.  Another bonus.  But, those windows and the slide-out come with a 300 pound penalty.

I keep telling myself that, as I rock back and forth in a comatose state... 300 pound penalty... not good... 300 pound penalty... wouldn't have liked it... 300 pounds...

That is too funny... I hear you on that one... never look back!
cane2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cane2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 11:52am
I think fr is forgetting why they built the pod in the first place--WEIGHT-- some of us cannot afford more pounds, in more ways than one. So i will still get a 171. The weight is fine if you got the muscle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic