r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-pod 176 and 177

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 11:55am
Too bad you aren't closer - I'd ask you buy the 177 and then trade ya (plus a case of beer or two).  Smile
'10 Forest River R-pod 171
Fergie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 12:13pm

Everyone is making good points here on this thread... 

I like the new 176 / 177's...  they will be bringing even more people to the R-Pod nation.  I think, however, that I'll be very happy with my 172.  I got it not for the room inside the unit, but for the lack of room.  If I wanted a TT for living "indoors", I wouldn't have purchased my R-Pod.  So now, instead of being cramped up in my unit, I'm asking my wife and daughters  to join me "outdoors"... lets do some hicking, some cycling, trail walking .. etc,etc,....    

My 2 cents!
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 1:22pm
Hmm, I wonder how they are routing the electrical, gas, water, and waste water lines for the sink and appliances on the tipout?  I realize the tipouts don't go out alot, but anytime you deal with stuff like that which will flex overtime it could be a point of failure.    Very cool, a very logical progression for the product line though.
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 3:18pm
Hrmmmm... on the 171 vs 177,  I say no.  I'll stick with the 171.  We haven't had space problems while cooking, and I don't do pirouettes in the aisle, so I can't really see an advantage to having a wider floor.  The extra weight, and the extra step of dealing with the tip-out when setting up/packing are two big negatives to me.

Strange that FR would flip the toilet to face the back of the trailer... I wonder why.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 3:44pm

It gets a bit tight when more than one person is trying to move around, and when the person at the back of the bed has to get up - and over - the one closer to the aisle for a midnight bathroom break.  The extra room would help with both.

I bet since they flipped the sink and fridge the toilet had to be flipped to balance out the weight front-to-back.
'10 Forest River R-pod 171
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 8:12pm
Gotta agree with all of you.  We have the 172 and the 176 is similar.  My first thought was...WOW that's nice...a little more room....then... who needs the extra weight and problems with slide outs, and the extra cost.  We'll stick with our 172.  I'm sure there will a lot of interest out there tho.  They are nice floor plans.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 3:58am
RV manufactures have been doing slideouts with utilities in them for long enough that won't be a problem.

Terry
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 4:27am
The two new Rpods are nice, but I'll stay with my 172. No sliding parts to maintain, or leak, and the extra room just isn't that big a deal to us. After spending so many years on boats we've learned to live small. I'm sure the new floor plans will have great appeal to some, though. Variety is the spice blah blah blah ...
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 8:50am
HuronSailor:  Did you see windows for the bunks???  I didn'tEmbarrassed we would still have to put those in too.

LeeWink
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009 at 6:47am
The two things I would love to see on the new models would be porthole windows in the bunks and a window on the door.   The one downside for the 172 design is the lack of natural lighting towards the front of the unit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic