r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbies in 182G from KY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatsPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbies in 182G from KY
    Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 12:21am
Hi fellow Podders!!
So my better half and I just purchased a new 2015 182G pod, we will be picking it up on the 20th of this month (10 days but who's counting?...oh wait I AM!! Cool)
We first were introduced to RV camping by Jarad's parents who have a FR Hemisphere and fell in love with how relaxing the camper life is!
Jarad and myself did our fare share of researching for the perfect camper that suited our needs and wants. We truly are old souls and love anything vintage and retro, once Jarad showed me the R-pod he had been looking at I knew it was right up our ally. I liked that we could have that old school look but still have something new, and lot less work involved! We started looking into the models to see what we liked best and the 182G had us hooked with the outside kitchen/ garage.
Since we are season ticket holders for U.Kentucky Football games, we thought how awesome would be for tailgating at the games?? We LOVE everything UK so hints the name KatsPod.
We will be towing our new R-Pod with Jarad's 2010 1500 V8 Chevy Silverado. Although we have more than enough truck we still are amazed with the lightness of the Rpods and glad no other gadgets are needed to tow our trailer. We are beyond excited to be official podders and can't wait to get The KatsPod on the road and get to camping and tailgating.
Also a round up trip will defiantly be on the to do list as well. Looking forward to meeting you guys and thanks for all the help on the forums, what a great place to find help!

Your Newest Podders,

Jarad and April(Cricket)

And Go CATS!

KatsPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatsPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 12:29am
Oh and how could I forget to mention Larry! He is our 1 year old black lab that will be podding along with us wherever we go. He's also very excited about the R-dome or as we shall name that the Larry-Dome, which is where he'll be because that's where the shade be!

Your Newest Podders,

Jarad, Cricket, AND Larry Dogs
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 9:22am
Welcome KatsPod, lots of podders in Kentucky. Keep an eye out in the rallies section, can't do all your camping/tailgating at football games.. Big rally at Nolin Lake the weekend you pick yours up. Also in case you don't know, there is a very active Facebook group.. if you FB.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 9:22am
And here I was all ready to welcome you to Podding and especially to your local group of Kentucky Podders, since there are a LOT of us out and about that Rally and camp together.  But then you had to go and say go Cats!  lol

I suppose we can let that pass though, some of our other Kentucky Pod members are also crazy UK fans!  Big smileLOL

But welcome to it all, you'll love the Pod and especially the 182g, the garage models are amazing!!  

Glad to have you folks out there and Podding with us all, congratulations and let us know ANYTIME that you ever need anything Pod related!
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 1:59pm
KatsPod if you happen to see this please join us for the Kentucky MiniMini Rally this week!

I sent you a private message and left contact details if you all are interested!  Even if for just the weekend or any of the Rally time we'd love to have you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic