r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod wish list, what we love, what we would love to see
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

179 R-Pod Door Window Added

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 179 R-Pod Door Window Added
    Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 5:55pm
Life's too Dynamic to sit still!
&
The journey of life is sweeter when traveled with a Vizsla.
Tomcamper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomcamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 8:56am
Very nice mod we are doing same on our 177. Also improves air flow and light coming in. Tomcamper.
Tomcamper
2016 4runner
Dreampod 177

06 GMC Envoy
DavidWhitener View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidWhitener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 3:30pm
Love this idea and want to do same. Thanks for posting pics!
Dave, Betsey & the 2 pups
2016 RP179 Intrepod
2010 Toyota HL

fdgibbons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdgibbons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 2:51pm
I am considering installing a slider like yours in my 172.  I have a question as to whether the foam door is strong enough for the extra weight without framing.  My R-Pod has to withstand some pretty rough roads in our travels ...like the one going to Chaco Canyon in New Mexico.  Have you had any problems with your window shaking loose? I also would like to put 12 inch portholes in the bunk area. Perhaps a porthole would be ok for the door as well.  I am new to the forum, perhaps these issues have already been addressed.
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 5:52pm
Very professional look,  I'll have to put it on the "to do" list for my 179.
lark f-150 2015 R-179 
Lark
ETeague View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETeague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 10:41am
samiam,

I called RV Max in Sherman and Steve no longer works there...  Can you  please give me some specifics like window size and thickness that you ordered.  It would be much appreciated, T

Thanks 
ET
john_benham View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john_benham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 10:57pm
I may do this to our R-Pod 179 door.

I just posted a similar window installation to the dinette.

Thanks for posting.

John
Spokane
ETeague View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETeague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 12:13am
Found the source for these windows. Hope his helps...
   RV Teardrop Trailer Parts
   E-mail: frankbear007@gmail.com
   Contact us at (517) 741-5000
   http://teardroptrailerparts.com

ORPOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ORPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 12:11am
I put a window (ordered from the same manufacturer in Michigan someone listed under mods on the forum) in our R-179 last summer. Looked just like yours. You did a great job. Mine had a screen inside as well. I also put a 12V outlet to charge our cell phones. We sold our 179 recently after owning it 13 months. When we sold it we received only $1,100 less than we bought it for as the window helped the sale. The first person that looked at it bought it. We could have probably sold it for more. We purchased the R-180 less than a month after selling the 179. So know the window will help your 179 keep its value.
Eph 2
TheLoneRanger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLoneRanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 6:10pm
Hello ETeague,

Could you please share the dimensions of the window? I would like to get one installed on my 2016 177 R-Pod.

Thank you,
Dana
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic