r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-pod Warranty Information

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: r-pod Warranty Information
    Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 8:26am
The r-pod has a 1 year bumper to bumper warranty with Forest River. Some items have additional warrenty, they are:
  • Axle - 5 yr
  • Frame - 3 yr
  • Fiberglass - 2 yr
  • A/C, Fridge - 3 yr
  • Stove, Microwave, LCD TV, Water heater, Water pump - 2 yr
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 4:11pm
If someone were to make modifications to the inside, such as add shelves, which require going into the side walls, will this void the warranty?

Thanks,
Darlene
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
jherald02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jherald02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 3:30am
I am hoping that the admins can answer this one for us because I too would like to add a few items to my interior.

The only thing that concerns me is what length screws to use.  I am not sure how thick the walls are.  I would like to go with the longest screw possible for stability purposes but I am afraid of going all the way through to the outside.

James
Let's hit the road!
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 4:06am
The r-pod walls are the same as the Surveyor - 2" thick. But they have 1/8" Luan then it is styrofoam ...there is really nothing to mount or screw into....it the item has any weight it will pull the screws out.

Above the windows there are aluminum studs - if you hit those you would be able to mount something - other than that it is best to not try it.
jlhyatt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlhyatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 4:21pm
Question for R-PodAdmin; Who installs the snaps on the R-Pod for the R-Dome?  I just took my R-Pod out this week and installed the R-Dome.  Everything went fairly easy until I tried to snap the flaps onto the camper. No where in the book does it tell you to align the hook on the camper with the dimple in the snap. I just broke two hooks on the camper and pulled one completely off the camper. The hooks on the camper were not spaced correctly for the snaps on the canvas, some were to close (canvas flaps) and some were too far apart to where you can not fasten the snap. How do I get replacement hooks for my camper?Confused
jim
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2009 at 7:32pm
Your dealer would probably do it for you - but most do not. I will see about producing a video or slideshow on how to correctly install the snaps... contact your dealer about obtaining replacements - I would think he would do so for no cost to you.
Fergie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by rpodAdmin rpodAdmin wrote:

The r-pod has a 1 year bumper to bumper warranty with Forest River. Some items have additional warrenty, they are:
  • Axle - 5 yr
  • Frame - 3 yr
  • Fiberglass - 2 yr
  • A/C, Fridge - 3 yr
  • Stove, Microwave, LCD TV, Water heater, Water pump - 2 yr
Hmmm...  that's NOT what my salesman told me...  especially the items that have additional warranty.  I was told only 1 yr - bumper to bumper... and that's it.  I was being offered Travel Trailer insurance / extended warranty deal at a cost of approx 2000$ Can for 6 more years.  I was quickly told that if the AC, Fridge, Stove or Water heater should fail after the 1 yr.. then I'd have to cover the cost of the repair or replacement myself. 

I turned down the offer for extended warranty.  But now I'm wondering if the items above are really, really covered here in Canada.  Can someone shed some light?

Tks.
Scott
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 1:44pm
Are the appliance warranties from the manufacturer  included in the packet we received at the time of purchase?  Are the other warranties, axel, frame, fiberglass found somewhere in the information we received?  I don't remember seeing those.  Good to know.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009 at 4:46pm
My dealer briefed me on the an extended warranty (4 mucho money) and the FR extended addtional 12 months for $150.00.  You have to get in within the first 10 days.  My scales leaned to the $150.00.  The info sheet was in the River River Package.

Lee

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic