r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winterizing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DessertPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winterizing
    Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 3:48pm
Is there a way considered best for winterizing?  Something just scares me about putting RV antifreeze in something I might drink out of.   I think I am going to go with the compressed air method.  Any tips or tricks for winterizing a 2015 176-T?
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 8:35pm
RV antifreeze is totally potable. It's mostly alcohol. I use air to get as much water out as possible, then pink stuff to make sure any pockets that didn't drain well are protected. Literally, millions of RV's get winterized with pink stuff every year. It's OK, it's safe, it works.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
DessertPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DessertPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:58pm
What size is the h2o heater drain plug?   
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 12:56pm
27mm
or
1 1/16th in.
'17 Ford F250 CCSB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DessertPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 4:02pm
thanks, and according to the manual I just put the rv antifreeze into the fresh water tank and turn the pump on (drain H2O heater/bypass).  that sounds alot easier than doing it at the pump.  I can't seem to get all the water out of the indoor shower.  I may have to do antifreeze and air.  It gets down to -30 where we live.  
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 9:02am
You can put it into the FW tank I guess, but you will probably need several gallons to get it through the system that way.
After bypassing the water heater, less than a gallon is needed to be sucked into the pump, which is really easy to do, the hose is provided and hooked up from the factory. Just stick the hose in the bottle, turn the valve to feed from the hose instead of FW tank, turn on each valve one at a time and flush toilet, until you get solid pink.

Don't forget to put a couple cups down each drain also.
'17 Ford F250 CCSB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DessertPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2015 at 11:04am
yea, I have to be a contortionist to get to the pump.  it is under the kitchen.
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 8:50pm
Most are...

'17 Ford F250 CCSB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DessertPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 4:22pm
oh man, thanks.  I would have never figured out to just pop that panel off.  Then i turn the lever .  Mine has a little clear filter looking thing on it.  Do I take that off?   
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 5:41pm
Leave the filter in place, the anti freeze will run through it.
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic