r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mattress replacement in the 179

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
The Far Bank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Far Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mattress replacement in the 179
    Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 12:26pm
Thanks for the post - would you say that the mattress is firm??  We have found the factory mattress to be very soft.  

Sharon
Pmorris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pmorris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 3:02pm

I just replaced the factory mattress in our new 179. I couldn't find anyone on line that had replaced there 179 mattress. So I will tell you what I did. Most of the replacements are 60x75. the 179 mattress is 60x74. I was worried about ordering one and it be to long. Because they come shipped vacuumed wrapped. Once you open them ,if you need to ship it back because it doesn't fit,it will cost you half the price of the mattress. I decided to go ahead and take a chance. I found a mattress that has a 25 year warranty,made in the USA. By a company called Brentwood. the mattress is there Bamboo 9 Queen short. 60x75x9 . I got it for a good price on an ebay store with free shipping. It fit perfect in our 179. Talk about comfortable. I have bad disks in my back,and I sleep wonderful now in the 179. I hope this info will help anyone like my self that wants to change there mattress,but wasn't sure about it fitting ok in there 179

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic