r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RV camping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUNNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RV camping
    Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 1:19pm
Hi i am new to trailer camping, I just bought a R-pod 177.
My Question is i what to dry camp, can you leave your gray tank open.
I used to tent camp and i sure didn't have a holding tank for my dish water or washing of face and brushing of teeth.

GUNNY
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 2:24pm
No you wouldn't leave your gray tank open and draining there at camp.  Fill it up and then empty at the dump station there along with your black.

At a full hookup site with sewer you could leave the gray open then if you are connected to the sewer but never do that with your black.

Typically you want to save your gray water to flush your hose after you dump the black water tank.

Congratulations on the 177
GUNNY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUNNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 3:47pm
Thanks for the info.
But i am knot typical, I am towing my 177 with a 2014 nissan fontier 4 cylinder with 3500 tow cap.
I want to leave the camp grounds with the least amount of water in the holding tanks as i can. and I do have the black tank flush..

GUNNY
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:29am
No camp ground would want you to dump grey water at a camp site.   Most sites will have a dumping station.  Empty your tanks there.  Be considerate of your fellow campers and site rules. 
Lark  F-150  2015 R-179 

Lark
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 10:39pm
well said, Lark.  Thank you.

God's Pod

'11 model 177

'13 Ford Explorer

Jim & Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic