r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping with Pets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keep Dog From Under Camper with R-Dome

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keep Dog From Under Camper with R-Dome
    Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 6:46am
I think you will find the R-179 to be a very practical floor plan.    I don't have a dog so can't give any advice there.  Welcome, have fun, When traveling, remember you are now 20 foot longer.  Take wider turns, allow more distance for stopping and you will do fine.

Lark  F-150 2015 R-179
Lark
Mrsgottrocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrsgottrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 10:20pm
Lucky you! Inside the R-Dome we want to be able to come and go and let her do the same. Figured it would be a pain to fish her out from the underside of the camper by a leash if she scrambled. We've never had her on a lead, she has a back yard so just goes out. We use play pen gates for other applications when we've traveled before, but for long term camping this will hopefully make for both our pup and us happy in the dome. Thanks!
First Time Camper, getting next week
"Pig Pod"
R-pod 179
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 6:33pm
We just attach a tie out lead to the wheel..
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Mrsgottrocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrsgottrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 3:43pm
Hi! I am new to the forum and to TT camping, and buying our first R-Pod 179 this week. I am preparing to spend several months in a southern VA. campground, and have a 20-pounder mutt to keep track of. I know the R-Dome has a net flap that fits down between the base of the camper and the ground (could swear I read that somewhere), but that's no deterrent for my little weasel. So in looking for solutions I came across this expandable garden border and thought I'd share the idea:

http://www.collectionsetc.com/product/expandable-wood-lattice-border-fence-.aspx?

which will work great even if I have to turn it upside down and duct tape the ground stake part to the side of the R-pod. I got three so I could slide one under the stairs area (even at an angle it would delay if not deter her, as I'll be with her to say "no" if she tries), and have two on either side. Its about 10 feet of protection, 12" high when fully expanded, which is more than enough to fit where the R-Dome connects. I'll keep you apraised of how it works...worse comes to worse I dismantle the sucker to make what I need for the stairs...*taps head* always thinkin'...*winks*

Sheryl and her mutt Casey (modified this year's valentine which featured her..see below)

First Time Camper, getting next week
"Pig Pod"
R-pod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic