r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Acquired my first R-pod 179

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acquired my first R-pod 179
    Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 1:36am
Picked up the Rpod and took it on its maiden voyage from Hillsboro, OR to Chinook WA (via the Astoria bridge) a few weeks ago followed by a longer drive from Hillsboro up to Spokane,   Both trips already providing me with adventures to talk about.

brian

2011 F-150 / 2016 R-179
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 7:52am
Hi BJK    I'm starting my second season with my 179.   It's a very user friendly floor plan.  If you didn't get it with the lift kit, I highly recommend having it done.  Have fun and safe travel

Lark f-150 2015 R-179
Lark
bjk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 11:45am
What does the lift kit provide?
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 3:10pm
Hi BJK   

The lift kit consists of 2 steel blocks the go between the axle and the frame.  They are usually installed by the dealer as you need the right lifting equipment.  What the lift kit does is give you 4 inches of added ground clearance.  This will reduce greatly the frame or hitch jack from dragging  on the ground when coming out of a steep drive way or over any humps that you may encounter.  After wrecking the hitch jack on my 2010 R-171, I put the kit on it and when I had  my R-179  delivered had it installed.  It gives one peace of mind when you encounter such situations.  The cost installed should be under $200.  You will find most folks on here have it done.  Hope this is helpful and others may chime in here on the subject.

Lark  F-150 R-179
Lark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic