r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sewer hose storeage holder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 2:49pm
HuronSailor, my sewer hose was just a basic 10' hose given to me by my dealer, it didn't even come in a box.  Its very much like this one at Canadian Tire.

The RV fitting was again given to me by my dealer.  It was a Camco Straight hose adapter.  My dealer also threw in a stainless steel host clamp for it (there wasn't one in the box).

The dumpstation end is an Easy Slip Elbow Adapter (I bought mine at WalMart).  Although you can't really tell from the picture, the elbow separates from the adapter.  I keep the adapter in a plastic bag the storage bay; I haven't needed it yet, but you never know.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 3:22pm
This is what I use now, 28Q container.

You have to push the bottom back a little then tilt the top one in.

There's still a little room left for a shoe box size for miscellanous stuff.

I can live with this, BUT I think it could be better (Heronsailor you know what I mean).   Just think if I can get the right tube I'd save 56QT worth of space.  I wonder how many six packs that is.  LOL

Lee
P.S.  I emailed camco today..they advertize that there stuff fits in a 4" tube.  I'll let you guys know.

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 3:24pm
Sorry HuronSailor for the misspelling
Lee
plantkiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plantkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 3:57pm
Lee, that's alot of precious storage space gone.   I have a 172 so I know that storage space is very limited in this model.   It shouldn't be that hard to replace the storage tube with a bigger PVC pipe section.   PVC cuts easily with a hack saw and you can get two adjustable pipe hangers from hardware store.  You may be able to reuse the mounting hole and the mounting screw from the stock storage tube.    This sounds like a mod if you got the skillz and the time.  Smile
2010 R-POD 172 (version 1.0)
2007 NISSAN FRONTIER SE 4x4 w/ Prodigy P3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 4:21pm
My next BIG trip will be next May, so I plan to get the tube finish and a trike rack finished by then.  Meanwhile short local weekends, we can deal.

Waiting to here from RF on how much wieght the back can handle.  I had them in back of the truck this last trip.  But that will be a whole other thread. Thanks for the encouragement.
Lee
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 4:14am
Thanks, Outbound. Going to Wal-Mart to look for the elbow adapter.

.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 4:15am
No problem, ButterflyLee. Great pix, by the way.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 4:54am
Speaking of sewer hoses.  It's a good idea to get something to weigh down the end that goes into the sewer.  That can stop a really messy situation that you don't want!

Terry
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 7:11am
Originally posted by TerryM TerryM wrote:

It's a good idea to get something to weigh down the end that goes into the sewer

At Ontario Parks dumpstations, there's a sign - or, instructions, really - at the dumpstations on how to use the facility.  I should have taken a picture.  It reads in part to "hold down the sewer hose with your foot while emptying tanks."  Ummm.... no thanks.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 10:18am
These are great ideas and photos.  I use a cat litter pan that was hanging around in the garage and store it in the back passthrough.  If i can move it outside where it belongs, that would be great. 
My hose is from Walmart and has the elbow connected.  It is weighted and doesn't require my foot, hand or any other body part to hold it down.

Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic