r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sewer hose storeage holder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG OLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sewer hose storeage holder
    Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 12:57pm
Has anybody encountered a problem trying to store your hose and end fitting in the tube supplied on the A-frame by the gas tank & battery box?  The hose fits fine, but the hard plastic fitting will not go in.  Any remedies from anyone?
Ron & Toby my 4 legged Buddy
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 2:52pm
The best thing to do is take the tube off and put it with the garbage.  You can get white plastic sewer pipe that will take the fittings.  Put some end caps on it and some drain holes and you will be set to go.  There is a discussion on here somewhere about doing that.

Terry
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 3:03pm
My fitting wouldn't quite fit in the storage tube either.  I just cut off one of the two finger nubs (or whatever you call those things on the side of the fitting to help you lock/unlock it) with a hacksaw and it now fits in just fine.  I also don't miss the nub I've cut off - haven't had a problem using it with only one nub.

Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 8:20pm
Terrym: your right on another post.  But the pics are broken. 

I have looked in just about every place in town for a 5" Plastic pipe and have had no luck.  The 6" when I seen it is twice as thick and heavier then the 4", may have to drive to a larger area to find a five inche pipe.  My dealer sold me the Rhino hose and the connections are just a bit larger then 41/4".   I looked at the ez????? holders but no around here has it in stock to I'd have to order.  They don't provide diameter just  length size.

i really hate storaging the hoses it under the back bench.Dead

My thought was to cut the 8 or 10 ft pipe into at least two pieces and mount both pieces so one would be sewer hose and one for the water hose.  Keep all water stuff on the outside.

All you clever people.  Show  and tell what you've done.
Lee

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 10:51am
Honestly, it isn't that hard to make it work.

Here's my connector:

You can see where I've cut off the 'nub':

Here's my entire hose - I also have an elbow at the dump end.  Yes, it fits easily into the stock storage tube:

Here's the sewage tube tucked away in its hole:

Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 11:50am

Outbound:

I’m the first to admit I’m a little naïve and let my dealer set me up with everything. 

The sewer set is a Rhino Flex, (see Pictures).  Its 58” long, the sewer holder that came with my 172 is 27”.  So from the get go it had to be replaced with a longer tube.

So I figured while replacing for length I might as well get the diameter as well.  

Thanks to YOU I think can make the end work (once I get a longer tube),

but what about the circle thing.  It still won’t fit in anything less then 5”.

Yes, I could storage it seperately, but I'd rather keep all the sewer stuff together.  If I have to buy something it might as well fit everything. 

Lee

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 3:34pm
Butterfly, it looks like you've got top-quality gear.  Mine is just the basic setup - about $20 at WalMart.  I'd say that you're going to have to do some major modifications to carry it... I think that your plan to source a larger tube to hold it is about the best.
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 8:02am

5" PVC can be found at well supply houses as it's commonly used as well casing. Any well drillers in your area? 6" PVC can be found at an actual plumbing supply house. Home Depot, Lowe's, etc, only carry up to 4". The 6" PVC itself isn't TOO pricey, but the fitting for the ends are ghastly expensive.

We have the Rhino Flex hose too, and ended up making a 6" PVC storage tube the full width of the Rpod. I suspended it from the dinette seat support members that run across the top of the outside rear storage compartment on the 172.  Now you can open either stoarage compartment door to get to it if needed, and there's room underneath it to store things too.  I was going to suspend it underneath the pod somehow but ground clearance looked like it was going to be a problem with that particular option.

I probably shouldn't have been in such a yank to buy the Rhino Flex hose, and should have shopped a bit for a right angle end for the hose they provided for us. We seem to use that smaller hose more often than the big Rhino hose anyway.

.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 8:11am
Mr. Outbound -

What's the make and model of your sewer hose? I'd like to have a sewer hose with a proper right angle connector that will fit in the stock storage tube on the tongue. Ours came with the eared connector for the trailer end but it's just naked hose on the dump end, no fittings at all. That big 6" PVC storage tube takes up a lot of space in the "basement" that could be used for more important stuff - like extra beer. 

Kidding! Just kidding!
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
gepaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gepaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 9:02am
I used a different approach. I bought a collapsible hose that fits in the standard tube. It expands to about 6 feet which is plenty long enough to reach the pipe at a dump site. I bought three of these cheap plastic waste baskets at Target:

I use one for all of my dump accessories (90 degree adapter, clear plastic back flush adapter, black tank rinse wand, hose nozzle, and plastic gloves), another for just the utility hose I usually need to attach to the hose at the dump site so that I can reach the toilet with the wand (granted, using the wand everytime I dump may not be necessary but so far that has been my practice), and another to hold all of my fresh water items (pressure reducer, inline water filter, fresh water tank filler adapter, Y adapter for campsite hose bib, and fresh water hose). I store all three waste baskets in the left front storage compartment of my 175. This leaves me just enough room for the electrical cable and 30 amp to 15 amp adapter.
Gene & Linda - 2007 Escalade - 24-Foot Keystone Cougar TT- Life is not just about gas mileage!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic