r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outside 110V Outlet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outside 110V Outlet
    Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 5:39pm
Still waiting to pick up my R-Pod 175 a week from tomorrow.  I have been thinking about the RV supplies we will need / want, and thought it would be nice to have some patio lights to hang on our new R-Dome.  I saw the tip elsewhere about using klippy klips to hang the lights, but then I started thinking about power.

Is there a 110V outlet on the outside of the R-Pod?  Or is there usually a 15A connection with a standard dual blade plug at most RV sites?  

It's been many years since we did any "mobile" camping...
Regards,

Bigbit

2010 Trailmanor Elkmont
Tow Vehicle: 2009 Buick Enclave CXL (Cliffy)
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 6:17pm
Yes, and yes (there is an outlet on the exterior of the r-pod and most campsites also have a standard 15 amp outlet on the pole).
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 6:17pm
Yes and yes.  There is an outlet on the curb side on my 171 (and most campers) and many campgrounds have 15 amp outlets next to the 30 amp outlet.
'10 Forest River R-pod 171
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 6:01am
@techntrek: that's too funny Smile
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Christine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 6:19am
It is always a good idea to travel with a 15-30 adaptor and a 30-15 adaptor.  You can get them at RV supply places.  They often come in handy as electrical connection vary from park to park.
kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 9:37am
my favorite thing was the memory foam we purchased at walmart for the bed in our 175. 4 inch online for $93, well worth it
Chrysler town and country
Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Outbound Outbound wrote:

@techntrek: that's too funny Smile

Confused  Holy brain-sync Batman!  Same minute, almost word-for-word response.  Shocked
'10 Forest River R-pod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic