r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

exterior panel separation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcinpdx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: exterior panel separation
    Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 11:07am
Hello all - first time on the forum!

We bought a slightly used pod 172 from a dealer last year and have recently returned from our second trip - a week in Yosemite.  We loved the Pod and all the great amenities, but on the way home noticed that the front panel was separating from the side (see pic).  It is no longer under warranty and Forest River thus far is saying it is not a mfg defect. The dealer has not been very helpful either.  I am looking for a few things:
Advice on how to proceed w the dealer or Forest river.  Is it worth pushing the issue?

Second   - seems like I could repair it myself, but I need direction.  Longer screws would be a start, but truthfully I don't see how the trim piece comes off to access the current screws.  And what would I use to re-caulk?

Thanks for any help.

CuriousLinda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuriousLinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 9:10pm
Hiya,

If you are a Facebook person, you might try going over there and asking this question, since you don't seem to be getting any answers here.

Go here and ask to be added,  then the owner of the group will PM you and when you answer him, he'll add you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RPodOwners/

Linda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic