r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone have a 2009 171 ? Are you happy with it?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone have a 2009 171 ? Are you happy with it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seedpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone have a 2009 171 ? Are you happy with it?
    Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 1:32pm
Hello, just curious if anyone out there still has their 2009 171? Looking at one tomorrow, wondering if there's anything I should know.
Thanks in advance!
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 3:25pm
I owned a 2010 171 for 5 years.  I would check for any water damage,  run the hot water heater, refrigerator, furnace, air to make sure they work.  Check the underside for any damage, loose panels.  Check tire wear,  tow it for a few miles to see if it tows right .  Try the stove, tv,radio,  Has the mattress been replace with a aftermarket?.  Do the windows work well?  No water stains, check the blinds.  Does the floor show any damage?.  How about the decals, has it been stored properly off season?  Does it look well cared for?  Any cracks or deformation on the outside?  Make yourself a check list.  Ask questions.

Lark F-150  2015 R-179 
Lark
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 3:27pm
I forgot.   Check the battery, charging system and convertor.  Take the covers of the battery it should be full to the top all cells.

Lark
Lark
Seedpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seedpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 3:45pm
Thank you so much, Lark! Great suggestions, and very thorough.
Appreciate it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic