r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > RpodNation Downtime and Maintenance > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

panel falling off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pmorris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: panel falling off
    Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 5:38pm
I have a 179. the panel below the frige that hades the wires keeps loosing up. There only two screws holding it in place. the panel moves in and out each time you open and close the slideout. I have had to tighten the screws each camping trip. Now the screws are sctippen out,and the panel is ready to fall off. Is there a good way to fix this from happening. 
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 9:22am
I had the same problem.  The panel attaches to a sheet metal panel extending down below the box.
I drilled out the holes in the panel, and fastened it with 3 larger hex head self taping sheet metal screws.  It's been holding up well, but still wiggles a bit as it's only fastened at the top.  By the way, electronic control box for the slide out is what you see mounted on the outer well behind the panel.  Hope this helps.

Lark F-150 2015 R-179
Lark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic