r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Camping with Pets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fencing for Dogs when RPoding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuBluPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fencing for Dogs when RPoding
    Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 10:02am
Wondering if any dog owners have considered a lightweight, portable fence option for your pups when camping.  Yes, I have 3 little and 1 medium rescue dogs and enjoy taking them along for the fun and company.  They are all chipped, tattooed and ballyhooed (whatever that means, it rhymed).  I've been looking at garden fencing that would be easy to throw in the back of the truck and set up around the perimeter of the Pod.  That way they are gently contained and I can enjoy sitting outside with them, instead of chasing one of the doxies.  I know, you are going to ask me why not keep them tied up on cord string....have you ever had four dogs criss cross each other.....tangle themselves around every single item, in every possible way, a chair, table, each other, a blade of grass, a microscopic piece of dust....you get my drift ..... so you have to cut the cords?  Trust me, no fun.
Any fun suggestions welcome.  Thanks for your input.
El Potato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Potato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 11:52am
I will be getting a portable fence. I was thinking of getting that easy to roll plastic garden fencing and a few pieces or rebar to stake it up. My only concern is some of the more high end RV parks may not like my redneck ingenuity.
Lets get lost.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic