r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > RpodNation Downtime and Maintenance > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Compressor Recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myownskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Compressor Recommendations
    Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 7:25pm
I believe I need to purchase an air compressor in order to blow out the lines for winterizing, is that correct? Any recommendations on a compressor, need something I can manage, but can get the job done.

Lori
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 9:46am
You can just use anti freeze.. a decent compressor will set you back +$100.. that's about 25 years of anti freeze...
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:40pm
A compressor of 30 lbs of PSI is adequate.  I bought a pancake at Lowes for 100 bucks.  I agree that's a lot of antifreeze, but I use the compressor for numerous projects.  I air up the tires and run air powered tools when doing maintenance.  Anti Freeze won't do that.  It's a tool to have, my opinion.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Marven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 10:35am
Yes you can buy cheap aircompressors at any Big Box Store but the noise level of these will make it unsafe to work in the same room.  I would buy an Ultra Quiet compressor made by California Air tools.  They can be ordered through Home Depot.  I have a the 10 Gallon model in my workshop and it is a delight to use. 
2016 Honda Pilot Touring - 2017 R-Pod 176
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic