r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inverters and generators

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inverters and generators
    Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 6:26pm
I have a 2015 R-Pod 178 with a 13,500 btu air conditioner. I also have a Yamaha 2000 inverter that I would like to use to power the a/c. I have read many many posts on many websites about using a Supco Spp6 Super Boost (Hard Start Kit Positive Temperature Coefficient (PTC) Relay and Start Capacitor SPP Series) to start and run a 13,500 a/c. The posts will tell you three ways to use it. (1) piggyback the SPP6 to the start capacitor, or (2) replace the start capacitor with the SPP6, or (3) connect SPP6 the "run start" capacitor. Well I have tried all three configurations and none of them worked. Yet I have read posts (40%) that say it starts and runs the 13.5 a/c works using a Honda 2000 or Yamaha 2000 inverter and (60%) say that it will not start and run a 13.5 a/c. This is my post that says a Yamaha 2000 inverter will not start and run a 13,500 Dometic A/C.Cry
Ed
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:25pm
I wish you the best, however watts are watts and ACs use lots.  Bite the bullet and buy a companion for your generator or a larger unit.  Enjoy the summer with your pod
Lark  F-150 R-179 
Lark
Marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 6:15pm
Here is how I start mine with a Honda 2000i. switch out off ECO mode, turn your AC to low (and low only )turn on AC fan let run for 3 to 5 min. to cool of AC then kick in compressor.
If you want something done right, do it yourself!

2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra Limited 5.7 Litre
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic