r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Replace blinds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replace blinds
    Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:12am
We want to replace the aluminum mini blinds in our 2012 R-177 with cellular shades similar to those being used on the new model R-Pods.  Has anyone tried to replace blinds themselves?  I can't see any way to get to the header without removing the valance and I can't see any way to remove the valance without possibly damaging the wall.  Does anyone have experience or suggestions?  Thanks!
Marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:00pm

If you want something done right, do it yourself!

2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra Limited 5.7 Litre
Jonesy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 3:30pm
Thanks for the photos.  Looks good.  It looks like you replaced the valance as well, correct?  Did you have to remove the old valance first?  please walk me through what you had to do.
Marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 4:50pm
I took off the blinds first, there held on by clips at the top. Then I took off the valances and covered new material. The back window: I removed the curtain and  tracks and put a valance from side to side to hide the blind when open and put lights on either side.
If you want something done right, do it yourself!

2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra Limited 5.7 Litre
Jonesy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 7:58am
That's what I need to know. Thanks again.  Much appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic