r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, Pod people! + Repair ques

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi, Pod people! + Repair ques
    Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 10:21am
Ahoy, r-Pod People:

My wife and I are excited to have our new -to-us 178, a 2014.  We've been cleaning it up after towing it to our new home and discovered the problem below.  Any ideas about best practices about how to fix it?  I can only think of bigger/longer screws since they have ripped out.  I don't know how this happened.  The trailer did slide off a leveler but it only slid a a foot or two.  We're bummed because we have yet to spend one night in it!  Anyway, these rigs need steady maintenance, I know.  So any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  I'll be lurking and posting.  Thanks so much!

This is from the front edge where the rock protector plate meets the bottom edge.  That base trim has pulled away a little, too.  Screws have pulled out along the edge between the sides, and the other side is the same--pulled out. Help!

Scott

Mr. Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 7:39pm
Okay, I fixed the problem--at least I'm pretty sure.  I used some 3" deck screws for the big holding and some 2 inchers to stitch the diamond plate underneath.  The original build only used 3!  Now I've got about ten.  I placed big screws through the horizontal trim and on the curving trim and sealed everything up.  Should be stronger. much stronger than new.

Scott
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 4:51pm
What did you do to get the trim back in place? Or did you just pull it in with the screws?
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Mr. Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:33am
Hi, Furpod:

Yeah, the screws pulled everything up tight.  Seems solid.

Scott
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 6:28am
Scott, I had a similar problem. the front trim came loose. put some black caulk and bigger screw, fixed it....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic