r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New steps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New steps
    Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 4:00pm
My wife is barely 5 feet tall.  She has always struggled somewhat with getting in and out of the R-Pod.  She has suffered in silence for 5 years.  However, since we're getting older (aren't we all?) I noticed she really has trouble going from the step into the trailer.

I decided to go from a single step to a double step.  I found 24" double RV steps on Amazon for about $72.  There were 3 others product reviews by other R-Pod owners.  All said that they had to modify the rear mounting bolt holes to make it fit.  they were right.  In all, it took me about an hour.  The high heat and humidity today made it necessary for me to move slowly.

You'll probably need a reciprocating saw to cut the brackets to elongate the bolt holes to align with the holes on the new steps.  I think most other tools are pretty common.

I think we're going to be very happy with this change.

Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 11:26am
Nice job.  Thanks for posting the photos

Lark f-150 R-179
Lark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic