r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newcomer with Distribution Center ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SgtDog0311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newcomer with Distribution Center ?
    Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 7:33pm
Hello there.   Registered while shopping but now I've purchased an RP182G.   Got the package of installation guides but no intro by way of r•pod for dummies - like here is what you do by the numbers when you first use your r•pod.   For a frame of reference, this is my very first travel trailer!

So, my first question is about the WFCO Ultra III Distribution Center.   When I plug the 30 amp power supply into an outside outlet at my house it sounds like there is a cooling fan on inside the Distribution Center.   Is that to cool it off as it charges my two batteries?

Also, when not in use, do I store with the slide in or out?   The previous owner said it sealed better that way but the seal looks good and tight when closed.

Appreciate the input for anyone willing to advise.

Sgt Dog
Best Regards, John
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 11:23am
Welcome to the podworld.  Yes,  the WFCO fan will run anytime that there is a current draw on the battery, and charging is taking place. I own a 179 and store it with the slide in.  I run the  jacks down,  turn off the water pump, and the refrigerator.  I'll prop the door open on the frige to let it dry out.  For winter storage I blow out all lines, put RV antifreeze in the traps.  At the water pump  a strainer is located.  Unscrew the top and empty it or put RV antifreeze in the fresh water tank and run the pump for a minute or so. Be sure to empty the water heater.   I put something under the tires during the winter.  Be sure and check the tire pressure on the pod and maintain 50 PSI with the tires cold. When towing, remember to take the corners wide in order to avoid the pod hitting the curb.  I do a walk around each time I use it to check the lights, door etc.  I highly recommend installing the factory lift kit, which lifts the cabin 4 inches.  The dealer can do it for you.  It prevents the corner jacks from scraping.  The mattress is worthless.  Replace it with a good aftermarket.  It's a short queen.  Read the many posts you find here for more info.  hope this helps.

Lark F-150 2015 R-179
Lark
SgtDog0311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SgtDog0311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 12:40pm
Thanks Lark!   Appreciate the advice!
Best Regards, John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic