r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wasp/Yellow Jacket Nest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wasp/Yellow Jacket Nest
    Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 8:36am
I don't believe there is anything I have seen that the wasp spray is corrosive to.  After you have got rid of the wasps, you'll have to pull the cover and remove the nest.  Hopefully you will have killed the wasps, because as we know yellow jackets can sting multiple times.  I think the water drain attracts them, because it gives them a needed source for nest building.
Mike Carter
2015 178
tharr1968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tharr1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 2:08pm
I've got wasps coming into the camper through air conditioner! I just sprayed the top of the unit. I'm not sure what else I can do except install screening to prevent entry.
tourguidewv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tourguidewv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 3:28pm
Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but I'm looking for some help.

I have a fairly large yellow jacket nest under the air conditioning cover on top of my r-pod.  Is it safe to spray the nest with bee spray (20 foot reach), or will that damage anything on top of my camper?

I have tried using wasp traps to lure them away from the camper with no luck.  Any suggestions (that don't involve fire lol) are appreciated and welcome!
Mark and Trish

2011 RP 177

2008 Jeep Liberty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic