r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covers... Suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SgtDog0311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covers... Suggestions?
    Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 4:40pm
Hi there... not a veteran by any means.   Just got mine this summer.   First RV ever! It is an RP182G. Pulled it down to Cheyenne for a shooting event and out on a couple camping trips.   Just winterized it for the first time (air compressor rather than RV antifreeze) except for traps since I'm traveling enough to risk some freezes before I'm back for the real cold to arrive.

Now I'm wondering about covering. We have some wicked invasive bugs up in the Idaho panhandle and this will be in a barn with no climate control of any kind. Thought a cover might discourage the pests somewhat.

Problem I see is that the covers I find on the web don't have a knock-out of sorts for the air conditioner. Are there no covers that are more fitted to the large appliance on top.   

Would be grateful if any of you would share your experience.

Thanks,
John
Best Regards, John
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 6:02pm
The Poly Pro 3 from Classic Industry seems to be the fav,  Amazon sells as does Classic Industries.  Make sure you get cover for 182 which has front door.  I have one - it covers AC.
Mike Carter
2015 178
SgtDog0311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SgtDog0311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 9:31pm
Thanks Mike. Appreciate the feedback.
Best Regards, John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic