r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using Jensen AWM968 for Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tibof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using Jensen AWM968 for Video
    Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 4:40pm
d
Done a lot of reading to no clear avail.  Trying to determine whether a video from an iPhone can be shown on the Jensen TV through the Jensen AWM968 system.  Or how it can be done.
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Tibof Tibof wrote:

d
Done a lot of reading to no clear avail.  Trying to determine whether a video from an iPhone can be shown on the Jensen TV through the Jensen AWM968 system.  Or how it can be done.

From page 5 of the manual..

AWM968
USB Interface Connector
You can connect a USB device directly to USB interface (20) on the front of the AWM968 for
playback of compatible files. Play
back begins automatically. Press the
DVD/USB
button (8) to
switch to USB mode from another source. Refer to “MP3/USB Operation” on page 11 for
additional operating instructions.
NOTE: USB will not support Apple device playback or charging
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Tibof View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tibof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 11:01am
Thanks, I read that.  Note, that's for USB input.  There are other input formats available.  How to connect and use them is another matter.  I have one that works on other TVs, but not this one.  I can get video but no sound.
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 3:29pm
Well.. the manual says a 3.5mm A/V cable will also plug in. It says an apple compatible cable is included.. I seriously doubt you actually got it though, but if you did, my guess is it's a matter of selecting the right input..

Connect the device to the
AUX A/V IN
connector (21) on the front panel, and then
press
AUX
to engage the input circuit to
“AUX 2 IN”. Please note that there are
several different A/V cable "standards".
The AWM968 is designed to support the
Apple Video iPod
cable type, as shown in
the inset drawing.
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Tibof View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tibof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 5:14pm
Actually, I do have that cable.  And it's clear where it plugs into the head unit.  But the other end of the cable has only three female plugs, red, white, and yellow.  That, of course, is not compatible with any Apple device I know of.  Perhaps this can't be done, though the pervasiveness of apple stuff makes me wonder.
Tibof View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tibof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 5:18pm
Actually, I do have that cable.  And it's clear where it plugs into the head unit.  But the other end of the cable has only three female plugs, red, white, and yellow.  That, of course, is not compatible with any Apple device I know of.  Perhaps this can't be done, though the pervasiveness of apple stuff makes me wonder.  It may require an Apple composite cable adapter.  I dunnnooo,  Please forgive the double post that was supposed to be only an edit.
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:20am
I don't know a lot about iStuff.. But google search "Apple Video iPod cable" returns cables that appear to do what you need..
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Tibof View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tibof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 12:31pm
I have a "component" (5 plugs) cable that links an Apple device to a TV.  It gives me only video.  What I believe I need is a "composite" (three plugs).  Even then, the input appears to need to be routed through the head unit with the Jensen supplied plug.  That, I believe, will then give both video and sound (since the TV does not seem to have speakers itself with sound being controlled in the head unit).  I have the composite cable on order and will post the results when it arrives and gets tested.
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 5:07pm
Easy fix to run TV sound thru external speakers, cable from TV Headphone jack to Jensen unit AUX connection.  Just another cable:)
Mike Carter
2015 178
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic