r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tongue generator rack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tongue generator rack
    Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 5:31am
remember you are adding another 80 plus pounds to the hitch weight. Yes there racks available to fit over the hitch,  I have dual LP tanks and a powered hitch which adds about 60 pounds.  I put new shocks on with coil over springs and removed the spare from under, put it in the front of the box on my 2007 f-150 ( I have a 
Diamondback cover)

Lark f-150 2015 R-179
Lark
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 8:39pm
Not to my knowledge on 3 different forums.  Good luck.  Be careful of your tongue weight and your turning radius.  It has to fit in your A Frame.  Post pics if you get it done.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 7:33pm
I was looking at my 171 today and it appears there could be room for my twin Honda 2000 gens on the front. If I fabricate a carrier so that one is on each side of the battery, maybe. Anybody done that?
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 11:03am
Oliver,

The SUV limits your capability of a tongue mod, see my response on the other same topic post.  A front mount 2" receiver has some possibilities.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 9:05pm
It looks like I'll have to carry them in the back of the SUV. I've done that before without a problem, but I have less room for other stuff.
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 6:22pm
Oliver,

I have not seen anything that gives you capability to carry 2 gensets.  See specs on the Stromberg Tray.  Two things to consider if you fabricate tongue weight and turning radius.  The gensets would have to go high and/or match the A of the frame.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 5:26pm
I would like to have one to carry 2 generators at the tongue. Maybe I could fabricate one if there's enough room. I'm trying to transistion from carrying them in the TV. Any ideas?
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 4:53pm
GOOGLE - "Stromberg Carlson Trailer Tray".  I think both etrailer.com and Camping World have them in stock.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 1:44pm
Anybody have a link for a tongue generator carrier?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic