r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RPOD 178 Slide: Manual extend and retract

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gcreelman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcreelman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPOD 178 Slide: Manual extend and retract
    Posted: 10 May 2018 at 11:48pm
Hi Mike
Thanks for the link. I have viewed this and I agree, don't want to try it and on my unit, it is a bit different. We are going camping this weekend and will just get along without the slide being extended. 
We do our cooking outdoors anyway.
Regards,
gene
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:24am
Update - the slide with dual motors would have to have both motors disconnected to move, doesn't sound like something you want to do .  Here's link to video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqbvwCJpNU

Mike Carter
2015 178
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:16am
Hey,

Sounds like the slide has no power, it is 12V operated.  The slide will operate at low voltage and monitor should tell you.  Conflicting info on manual operation, but from what I can see, there is no provision for it.  Some info that motors with a crank type bolt would allow a small movement with a wrench.  The Schwintek Operators Manual is on line, I read through mine and found nothing reference manul slide operation.  If I find something I will let you know.
Mike Carter
2015 178
gcreelman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcreelman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 6:26pm
Hi
I have a 2017 178. Used it last weekend. It was great. The slide is now not functioning at all. I checked all the fuses - good. Reset the breakers - all good. The control panel circuit board has no lights lit or flashing (I am suspecting it is defective). 
The in/out switch doesn't do anything. I removed the switch from the wall to see if wires were connected - yes they are. The wires are connected at the control panel too. I have a warranty appointment coming up, but want to us the unit this weekend. Is there a manual way to extend and retract the slide?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic