r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bent frame from slideout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubcappizza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bent frame from slideout
    Posted: 23 Jun 2018 at 1:22am
i have a 2015 179 
my frame is bent the whole length of the slider. When you sit on the couch there is a 
noticeable dip where it seems as if the weight of the slide out has depressed the outside of the unit 
overhanging the frame rail.  No clue how this has occurred, it has not affected the operation of the slider at all. Just concerned. has anybody else had or noticed this issue
thanks 
R-POD cross-country explorer
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:17am
Trying to picture this.  Hard to imagine the frame is bent and without some measurements to justify.  More easy to think the slide out is coming to far out.  There have been instances of hard stop issues.  I recall a post about an owner finding a hard stop on the floor after a trip.  The slide itself is on a track, as long as the track is engaged the slide will operate.  The Lippert manuals are available on line with adjustments.  I haven't seen any bent frame posts, lots of bent axles and even a lost coupler assembly.  Can you get the trailer on a flat service, level it and measure ground to frame height to verify the frame is or is not bent?
Mike Carter
2015 178
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic