r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shelf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leepod171 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shelf
    Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 7:02pm
We just bought a used 2012 171 and are repairing a few things. Bed, drawers, table, etc. We want to put a shelf above the bed so went to Lowe's and bought the Allen & Roth 72" shelf. Now, how do I secure it to the wall? Some say they screw it into the wall. Wall to wall is 75" and the shelf is only 72". I saw one example of it sitting on closet rods. Doesn't that cut a couple inches off shelf space? Are there studs you have to screw into? For you that have done it can you post pix?
Thanks,
Leepod171
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 7:43pm
I used 3" L brackets to adjust the width difference, I added a closet bar because I used a wire rack vice the wood rack.  It added some across Pod strength.  When I attached to wall I used dry wall anchors and 1" screws.  Good luck.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Leepod171 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leepod171 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:31pm
Good explanation. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic