r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Awning project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awning project
    Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:15pm
I am designing my own awning for my 2016 171. I got the idea from this utube video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoiIic8agBc I am going to have the canvas custom make by tarpswarehouse.com out of California. I like that they are all USA materials and workmanship. I'm going to have the width the exact length of the channel (14ft) out of black synthetic canvas.(since black shades the most sun, and synthetic canvas is the most durable and waterproof). I'm going to have them make a 3/8 in. channel on the edge of the camper side of the awning that I can insert 3/8 in. hard plastic tubing to attach to camper. And have the grommets reinforced. If anybody has a suggestion as to how wide it should be please let me know. Otherwise I will probably go with 8 or 9 ft.
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 8:40pm
I would not go with black. Black will absorb heat and then radiate it down. White or lighter colors, will reflect UV and heat..
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 1:45pm
Thanks fp. I was told black blocks most sun, but they said that in reference to a shade cloth which you can see through. Maybe you're right for a thick synthetic tarp...I don't know...anybody 2nd fp's motion?
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 4:12pm
When I purchased my slider cover, I went with white not black.  For exactly reason FP said.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 7:03pm
Ok, white it is. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic