r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > RpodNation Downtime and Maintenance > Forum Move
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Watching movies from iPhone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dastrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Watching movies from iPhone
    Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 4:13pm
Can any tell me if it’s possible to watch movies from an external device such as a iPhone 7 on the tv. I have the Jensen AWM 968 with the Jensen tv. 2017 RPod 180. I have movies on disc but also have more resent one one the phone. We don’t watch to much tv but it’s nice right before bed to play a movie for awhile! If it possible can you please tell me how it’s hooked up! Thank You
Dastrom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dastrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 5:27pm
Ok I figured it out. You need the lightening adapter with the hdmi plug. Not cheep., and a hdmi cable. Plug the adapter into the phone then plug the hdmi into the adapter and the back of the tv. Set the Jensen tv to hdmi, and your ready to go. It will play thru the stereo system. I am getting a slight humming noise when I have power going to the power slot on the lightening adapter. When I unplug it, the hum goes away. So will have to investigate that.
Tyrone Shoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyrone Shoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 7:21pm
If your TV has an HDMI input,  Amazon has a gadget for under thirty bucks that plugs into the HDMI input on the tv and the Lightning plug on an iPhone.  It's called

Dansrueus Compatible With iPhone X 8 7 6 5 iPad iPod HDMI Adapter Converter, Digital AV Adapter, 2018 Latest Plug and Play 1080P Audio AV Connector (Charging Cable is Included)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F1H4KH1/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A11K6FLTUC1OJ7&psc=1

Here is some of the sales verbage on the Amazon page:
  • High Quality to 1080P HD】 The Digital AV Adapter supports mirroring of what is displayed on your device screen - including apps, presentations, websites, slideshows and more to your HDMI-equipped TV, display, projector or other compatible display in up to 1080p HD. Apps Supported: YouTube, Office, Safari, Chrome, Facetime etc.
  • 【Plug and Play】 No need to install any App, Just use an extra lightning cable to power adapter to charge, then click the "Trust" button when connecting and then wait 5 seconds to connect automatically, you will enjoy the larger and clearer screen.❤ (Must be connected to power source)
  • 【Wide Compatibility】 The HDMI AV Adapter Compatible with iPhone X, 8,8 Plus, 7,7 Plus,6,6 Plus,6S,6S Plus,5,5c,5s,SE; iPad with Retina Display, iPad mini,mini 2,mini 3,mini 4,Air, Air 2,iPad Pro(9.7-Inch) and iPad Pro(12.9-Inch); iPod Touch 5th Gen(32gb and 64GB), iPod Touch 5th Gen 16gb, iPod touch 6th Generation.
  • 【Easy To Carry】 With light and small design, it is very convenient to carry and connect your iPhone, iPad anytime to a HDMI-equipped devices for home entertainment (watching movies, sharing pictures and more), business meetings, education, training and etc.
  • 【Not Compatible with HDCP】 Not Compatible with Apps which have "HDCP" video copyrights protection like Netflix, Amazon video, DIRECTV, HULU other App which need to be paid fee. We warrant this item 12 MONTHS and 30 Days of easy returns from date of the original purchase for manufacturer defects, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic