r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > RpodNation Downtime and Maintenance > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dometic 8501 Fridge problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dometic 8501 Fridge problem
    Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 2:40am
I am a new owner of a 2011 177.  Everything works great, except I can't get the Dometic 8501 refrigerator to operate in the "gas Mode".  The refrigerator works fine on 110 volt and 12 volt. The trailer is level, gas cylinders full, batteries are charged. When I switch to "gas mode" absolutely nothing happens. The solenoid gas valve does not turn on, and there is no spark at the igniter. I at first suspected what appears to be a gray plastic control box outside by the gas valve, to be the problem.  Immediately after turning off and holding the power button for a few seconds, I set the control to "gas mode" and ran outside and checked with a 12v test light all wires both coming in, and out of the gray box while the fridge should have been going thru its start up routine. Again it showed no electricity either coming in or going out of the gray box. Thus I wonder if the problem is elsewhere.  I have not pulled out the fridge from its compartment.  Does anyone know if there are any fuses in this system other than the ones at the main fuse panel for the entire trailer ? If so , where are they located? Has any one else experience this same problem? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, MacdadUnhappy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic