r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BRAKES LOCKING UP?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BRAKES LOCKING UP?
    Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 12:48pm
OK, just got the pod out of the shop for several issues that came up on our first outing, air conditioner leaked inside, basement storage leaked, breaker tripped when plugging small fan in and we thought the brakes on pod were sticking, anyhow picked up today, and everything fine exept every time we apply the brakes the pod kinda jumps and makes a popping like sound? has anyone had this problem?
Chrysler town and country
Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
woodall bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodall bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 12:52pm
Make sure your brake controller is set up correctly. How depends on the brand. Your dealer should be able to help.
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 4:40pm
I'd say that its your brake controller, not the r-pod's brakes or anything your dealer had done.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 4:53pm
We also have had problems with the air conditioner leaking inside the unit. We are going to be taking it back to Couch's to be repaired. 
Mary & Don
R-Pod 175
Columbus, Ohio

Life is good in R-Pod!
kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 7:32pm

We didn't take it back to the dealer they are 5 hrs away, found someone to work on it locally and they were great, didn't think it was anything they did just figured they didn't notice because you have to be moving, just wondered if anyone else had this problem, thanks for the responses.

Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
Heidi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2009 at 7:34pm
We took our 175 in to have the microwave cabinet wall replaced they were damaged in shipping and when the dealer was fixing it they turned the air con on and it leaked inside on them. So they are fixing it now along with the crank on the tongue which was making a lot of noise. 
we R-pod people
175 ,2 peeps and one small horse
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 7:20am
     Outboud may be right it could be your brake controller it may be set to high. We have a draw-tite brake controller and we had aproblem with the brakes grabbing to hard. We set the controller lower to 1.5. The trailer brakes work with out pulling hard now.   David
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 9:02am
My experience with my 1/2 ton pickup has been to turn the controller waaay down. Our dealer had it set way too high when we took delivery, and I didn't know any better.

If you get it TOO far down, the pod will want to continue forward when you hit the skids, and you'll feel and hear it as the hitch clunks around on the slop in the retaining pin in the receiver.  At that point, turn it up just a little tiny bit at a time until the clunking stops, and you should be good.

We have almost no brake controller dialed in, no digital readout, but about an 1/8 turn or so. When we picked up the pod the controller was set up just past halfway.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
kotasnana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kotasnana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 10:16am

THANKD FOR THE RESPONSES. I DID TURN DOWN THE CONTROLLER NAD AM GOING TO SEE IF THAT HELPS, i DO NOT HAVE A DIGITAL READOUT EITHER JUST A LITTLE DIAL, LOOKS CHEAP BUT IT WASN'T CHEAP TO PUT IN.

Eastern roundup site 10
R-pod 175
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2009 at 10:33am
No kidding. Mine retails for around $65, but they charged me $200 including installation, which took all of 10 minutes.

It does the job, though.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic