r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connect Tarp shade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 4:20pm
+1 to Marwayne
Mike Carter
2015 178
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 4:24pm
Oliver,

No keder welt at Lowes, buy the 13mm from Amazon, or use the interweb for another source.  I GOOGLED keder welt and got all kinds of sources, even hangers if you want to go that route.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 5:27pm
Can you give me a link? 11mm is the biggest I can find! Also, I was planning on using a plastic tarp with grey on one side and brown on the other I found at Home Depot. I might use canvas if I could find something lightweight and waterproof, but what I've found so far is heavy canvas.I'm thinking the lightweight plastic might be best? And the hangers, they don't say what the diameter is on the ball end that goes in the rail?
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:47pm
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 3:08pm
A guy from that company, Keder solutions, emailed and told me most people he works with for what I described go with 11mm. That is what I told you appears to be the biggest on Amazon...?
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 3:39pm
Good info, Thanks Oliver.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 6:20pm
I was looking at Keder Solutions website again and looking at the keder hangers. Does anybody have any experience with those? It looks like one end will slide into the keder rail, and the other end looks like it grips the tarp. I would think that end would attach to the grommits??
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 11:06am
Talked with R-pod parts lady Diana Norris. She was very nice and accommodating.
She's sending me a kit to repair the place where I took the sink out. Reasonably priced. She also said the smaller keder I have should fit the later black keder rail, but if it doesn't I can squeeze the opening in the rail and it will. I still want to get hangers to connect a tarp also. I will call Keder Solutions.
Her no. is 574-642-3119 opt 4.
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 4:43pm
Personally I would not pinch my keder rail to accommodate a smaller welt, really limits what you can do for the sake of installing an older RDome.  Your call.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 10:05pm
You're right mcarter, in fact I didn't do that. I did finally put up my R Dome and found the 9mm fits in the 14mm rail just fine(like she said it would). I still want to figure out how to use hangers to attach a tarp, it's quicker and easier. I will give Keder Solutions a call.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic