r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water Tank Drain Valve

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bouldergal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Tank Drain Valve
    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 2:44pm
I'm unable to locate my drain valve on my 178.  There is nothing I can find on the trailer even remotely resembling the picture in the generic manual.   
Marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 3:57pm
Are you talking about fresh water tank or hot water tank
If you want something done right, do it yourself!

2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra Limited 5.7 Litre
Bouldergal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bouldergal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 4:53pm
I assumed that they would both drain out of the same plug.  For some reason, my fresh water tank is showing as "full" although I've been hooked up to city water.  I'd like to drain it to get rid of the extra weight before towing.  So, that being the case, probably just the fresh water as I can't imagine that the hot water tank holds that much.

Marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 5:34pm
You have to remove the anode rod to empty the hot water tank. Fresh water tank has a nipple at the bottom fore draining

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bouldergal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 5:51pm
Found it altho mine doesn't have the black piece on the bottom.  Still trying to figure out how the fresh water tank got full when ONLY using city water connection.  I'm a bit worried since it seems like I'm getting some water dripping from both sides of the rear of my trailer.  I've switched over to using the fresh water to empty it since I cannot get the stopper out of the drain.  Thanks for the photo!
Marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 6:16pm
There is a check valve on the pump, there could be some dirt in the valve so it doesn't shut properly. Turn of city water, open faucet at sink , start pump, let run for a while, turn off pump, do that a few times
that should clean out the valve

Marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 6:19pm
Which drain ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bouldergal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 6:51pm
The drain under the fresh water holding tank.  I ran the pump as you suggested.  Still dripping around the back of trailer.  City water off, pressure relieved from hose.  I tried to attach a picture of the plug but I don't think it worked.  Drag and drop seemed like the only option which didn't work.  *** I'm actually getting a bit concerned about where the water is coming from on both sides of the back of the trailer.  Perhaps I should start a different post and ask for suggestions?  I felt around inside both of the rear storage areas and there is a tiny bit of water in each corner but no signs of any leaks.  There shouldn't be any water lines back there since the holding tank and city water lines are at the center to the front of the trailer.  FRUSTRATED.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic