r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honda Generator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honda Generator
    Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 2:36pm
I have a Honda EU2000i generator and it's Companion. One of them runs rough in the eco mode. Anybody have experience with this?
Marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 2:56pm
Dirty carburetor.
If you want something done right, do it yourself!

2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra Limited 5.7 Litre
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 4:36pm
+1, I run my genset just to keep it fresh.
Mike Carter
2015 178
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 8:51am
Do your best to run ethanol free fuel, use a stabilizer, and run the genny completely out of gas when done. Those tiny little carbs don't take much varnish or debris to clog up.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 9:55am
I follow Furpod advice at end of year or when genset will not be used.  When using it regularly I use ethanol fuel.  I think it is sitting idle that is not good.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 4:57pm
I found a lot of videos on youtube. One is very good and says my gen is notorious for getting the tiny jet for the eco mode clogged. It shows a clear fix, simply pulling the carb off and you can get to the jet to clean it. You can just pop it out. A tiny hole in that jet about the size of a needle. It looks like even I can do it! I was told today by a friend to not use stablizers like STABLE. A mechanic at Honda told him. So I'm getting that out, and run hi test gas for about a tank.
Mike is right, sitting is the culprit. I didn't know that part of gas evaporates and the rest can clog with varnish. Once I get my clean, I'm going to be sure if it sits for any length of time to drain the gas. Good videos online for that too.
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2018 at 5:31pm
Oliver, if you just put non ethanol fuel in it at end of season use, it will work.  I own a ton of 2 cycle stuff, and when winter hits, my weedeaters, chainsaws and the genset sit.  Then I have to pull carbs and clean if I didn't add the right fuel.  STA-Bil I actually use in my stored vehicles.  Because I have a lot of stuff, I try to have a plan.  If I had one carb to clean every year it would be ok, but to much monkey business for me.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 5:59pm
I fixed the eco mode idle. Cleared the little hole out. There is a video showing exactly how to do it. Piece o cake.
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 7:33pm
Excellent.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 7:35am
I heard mixed reviews about Stabil. The Honda service man says don't use it. But that was after I used it. I don't know what it's contribution was. After cleaning out the tiny hole in the eco mode jet, I added some Seafoam to the party. I heard only good reviews about that. Ran that for about two hours, drained everything and added no ethanol gas. Running smooth now. Here is a good video about storage...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umt38-8mgyU This video recommends draining/burning all gas upon storing gen for any amount of time. Something I didn't do and must have caused the problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic