r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rotten floor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MgSteve52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rotten floor
    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 9:45pm
I have a 2013 r pod 178 that I purchased new
The floor was getting extremely spongy
I removed the vinyl where I could access it and was shocked to find the underlying plywood completely soaked. It is a sickening sight
The underside seems to be sealed however it appears that there is no seal between the walls and the floor, I can see frost the junction of the floor and wall.
Does anyone have any repair ideas?
I can see the Styrofoam insulation but no framing to attach new plywood to,is there an aluminum frame similar to the walls?
I will only be able to repair the areas I have access to and hope the area under the bathroom remains solid.Any assistance will be appreciated
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 11:07pm
I have had leak problems with my 2015 178.  I think I caught them in time.  The trailer is in protected area now and once temps warm and I can inspect I'll have better idea.  Mine started with floor sag at front and I noticed wet area at rear, all from the bottom.  I can't find any leaks anywhere.  Plumbing, shower all dry.  I have sealed spoiler to eliminate any chance of leaks there.  Again there is a post on here from an owner that didn't have a seal on a pass thru door and it was leaking.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Kingskerswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingskerswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 1:27pm
I am following your solutions with interest as I am very curious as to know how the floor pan is constructed.  If anyone has some pictures when taking it apart I would be very interested.  Thanks
horsemb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsemb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 1:49pm
similar problem. How do you reattach walls of RPOd to the floor?
mike braun
nerdyway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nerdyway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 10:23am
Do you have a follow-up to the issue you had with your R Pod flooring?  I am re flooring my 2010 177 and have completed most of it but have some questions as to why FR uses luan plywood when it wicks water so quickly.  I basically placed 3/4" plywood on top of existing floor after taking the vinyl flooring off so it could dry out.
2010 177 RPOD
2004 F250
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic