r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Table Upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kingskerswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Table Upgrade
    Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:24pm
After attempting to improve the OEM Miller manufacturing folding table to make it more stable I decided it would be better and easier to make a new table top and use the standard time tested pedestal support in addition to a forward attachment utilizing a two piece snap in hinge leaf.  The final result is a table that is very stable, can easily be detached to maintain its secondary use as the bunk base and also reduces weight (Miller table = 32lbs and new table = 20lbs)
Miller Table, for reference: uploads/5689/IMG_0870.jpg
Front Support (hinge half and structure): uploads/5689/IMG_0865.jpg
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 4:34pm
What did you do to strengthen or reinforce the floor? That's just foam and luan down there..
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Kingskerswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingskerswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 8:23pm
Good question! Hmm, I was wondering what the floor construction was.  I used an 8" dia x 3/4" softwood base as a vertical load spreader plate and attached it to the floor with (6) 1-1/4" x #8 softwood type screws (2 of which did not take well!) but I also utilized cold set PU to bond directly to the vinyl covering. This screwed and glued assembly resulted in a very stable mounting. There is unlikely to be much of a moment arm loading through the tube as the forward table edge is anchored quite well. 
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 11:12am
Good job, but a little too complicated for me, being that I am living in my pod. I want to design a simple plywood fold down table that attaches with hinges at the front, with a fold down support leg. Anybody got a link to that mod?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic