r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Leaking AC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leaking AC
    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 5:48pm
Mine drains , same place always when trailer is level.  Front left almost directly over the accessory/convenience light on the front.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 5:05pm
Yes the filters are clean. The cover has been off for a couple days and no moisture. It only happens when I put the cover back on. there is a slide on it and I think when that's closed it creates condensation. I could be wrong, but there are 3 bolts. I have tightened them and I don't wor't to overdo that. Somebody suggested inserting a small hose on the outside where it leaks and let the water run off the side instead of the rear and mar the finish. Do you know if it leaks water just in that hole on one side? Maybe all that water is not running off the roof and is backing up. But what do I know...
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 5:44pm
Are the filters clean?
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 3:17pm
I'm thinking it must be condensation. Because it only leaks with the cover on. Then just a couple drops or less, and when it's either rainy or high humidity. Or both. When I take the cover off...no moisture!
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 8:54pm
I tightened a little more until it stopped leaking. It is dry so far. Maybe that did it. A friend asked me if those 3 bolts were all that are keeping the AC on the roof?
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 9:26pm
Started leaking again. Took the cover back off. Tightened some more.
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 7:07pm
Looks like they skimped the back. There are two bolts in the front. There are two holes where bolts could be in the rear, but there is only one hole between them with a bolt. Anyway I've tightened them and put the cover back on. Time will tell I guess, but that back bolt was wet so I suspect that was the culprit. When I tightened it, it dryed up.
Marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 5:24pm
There should be 4 bolts one on each corner
If you want something done right, do it yourself!

2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra Limited 5.7 Litre
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 3:35pm
I had to get a square head screwdriver for the cover. There were only 3 bolts, the lone rear one was wet so I suspect it. I tightened all 3 equally about a quarter to half turn. Dry so far. I'm going to keep the cover off overnight and watch it just to make sure.
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Oliver Oliver wrote:

I still have a small leak so I want to take the cover off. Can you tell me what I can expect to see and what size wrench I'll need? Also will I have to have a friend hold the cover to keep it from falling? Does it come straight off once the screws are out?

outside cover? flat head screwdriver. one person job.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic